Are you looking for activities for Thanksgiving for kids? Why not make a Thanksgiving Placemat? It's very easy and lots of fun. You just need a big paper bag, some construction paper, crayons and clear contact paper. Let's go!
Want more activities? Sign up for our Newsletter (over on the right⇒⇒) to receive weekly email updates every time we add a new activity. Plus, get an ebook filled with over 40 Nursery Rhymes just for signing up.
Have you tried this activity? Let us know how you liked it in the comments below.
- Construction Paper (orange, brown, black, white and yellow)
- Clear Contact Paper
- Cut out one side of the paper bag.
- Glue construction paper to one side.
- Cut out images from magazines/catalogs that remind you of Thanksgiving.
- Cut out turkeys, leaves, pilgrim hats, and acorns from construction paper. (click here for the link to the Thanksgiving shapes templates or find the link at the bottom of the instructions)
- Decorate turkeys, leaves, pilgrim hats, and acorns with crayons/markers, if you so desire.
- Glue images and shapes onto one sheet of construction paper.
- Write a message of what you are thankful for.
- Cover with clear contact paper.
- For younger children, you can help them write the message.
- This can make a great present for Grandparents, Aunts/Uncles, etc.